Do you need HELP accessing an adoption competent therapist in your area?
Contact us at 1.855.670.HELP or 612.746.5137, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
For more information, please contact:
Cindy Lee Thomas, Clinical Specialist, Northern & Western Minnesota
Emily Alewine, Clinical Specialist, Twin Cities, St. Cloud & southern Minnesota
*Eligible families include those who have adopted children under MN State or Tribal guardianship, and internationally or domestically.
Minnesota Help Line for Adoptive Parents (HELP) available services may include:
- Phone assessments, tools, and resources to avoid or reduce the crisis*
- Referrals to adoption competent mental health providers in your community
- Funding for innovative services that can enhance the therapeutic experience
- Connection to community resources, that may include support groups and respite
*The role of the HELP
Clinical Specialist is NOT to provide direct family therapy, but to assess,
support, and provide appropriate referrals to contracted adoption competent
mental health professionals.
Click here to download the MN ADOPT brochure and postcard containing information about HELP.
|Attention Adoption Therapists:
MN ADOPT's HELP...
- Pays for therapeutic services not covered by insurance (mileage, attendance at school meetings)
- Pays for therapeutic services for families who do not have insurance or who have gaps in coverage
- Complements therapeutic services already being provided in your agency or clinic
- Gives participating agencies and therapist access to new clients and revenue streams
- Has simple requirements and paperwork to streamline the payment process
- Provides opportunities to consult with other therapists and enhances therapists standing in the adoption community
- Is open to families with children ages 18 & under who have adopted from state or tribal guardianship & those who have adopted privately, internationally or domestically