HELP SPECIALIST OVERVIEW
HELP Program services are free and available to any Minnesota adoptive, kinship, or foster family; adopted persons; birth/first family members and community professionals.
- Phone and email-based support from a team of HELP Specialists with advanced training in supporting adoptive, foster and kinship families;
- Connecting families with adoption/trauma/attachment-competent therapists, appropriate community resources, as well as educational offerings;
- Assisting eligible families with funding to help with the cost of therapy with HELP Program vetted therapists, MN ADOPT educational offerings and eligible supports.
The HELP Program can be reached at 612-746-5137 or HELPfirstname.lastname@example.org. In any message, please leave your phone number and your email address as this will help us connect to you more efficiently. We will be back in touch as soon as possible within 48 hours Monday – Friday.
For immediate danger/safety needs:
- please call 911 and ask for a Crisis Intervention officer
- or go to your local emergency room.
For 24-hour Crisis Response – please call your county’s Crisis Response number.
- If you are unsure of your county’s 24-hour Crisis Response number, you can find it by entering your zip code at https://mentalhealthmn.org/support/crisis/
“It’s a very good resource for adoptive parents who don’t know where to turn. I had no idea what to do with my kids – it was a very bad time. I needed direction. The HELP Program helped me find a therapist and they helped talk me through what was going on. Any parent who might be in the same spot would appreciate their help.”
– HELP Program Assisted Adoptive Family