HELP SPECIALIST OVERVIEW
HELP Specialist services are free and available to any Minnesota family who adopted a child who was under state or tribal guardianship; internationally; or through private domestic infant adoption, kinship adoption or guardianship; and foster care families.
HELP Specialists provide:
- Phone based support from Specialists whose focus and specialty is adoption and supporting permanency in all its forms
- Individualized support, guidance and referrals to resources tailored to the specific situation
- Assistance in identifying and accessing appropriate therapeutic options based on the caller’s need through a large network of HELP Program connected therapists experienced with adoption/trauma/attachment
- Possible financial assistance to access * eligible therapeutic services when financial barriers to receiving needed services are present
* Must be a MN Resident. Additional guidelines apply. Call 612-746-5137 to learn more.
MN ADOPT HELP Specialists also assist:
- Adoption and Home Study Workers
- County Workers and Case Managers
- Community Professionals (i.e. School Staff, Medical Staff, Lawyers…etc.)
- Adopted Persons
- Birth/First Parents and Family Members
612.746.5137 or TOLL FREE: 1.855.670.HELP (4357)
Watch Jetta Wiedemeier Bower sharing information about the HELP Program on Twin Cities Live.
“It’s a very good resource for adoptive parents who don’t know where to turn. I had no idea what to do with my kids – it was a very bad time. I needed direction. The HELP Program helped me find a therapist and they helped talk me through what was going on. Any parent who might be in the same spot would appreciate their help.”
– HELP Program Assisted Adoptive Family