Post-Adoption Navigator Overview
The primary goal of the Post-Adoption Navigator Program is to increase awareness of the network of post-adoption resources and support available to help your family thrive after finalization and into the future. As a participant of this program, we will proactively reach out to your family after finalization and throughout the first year to help address questions you may have and share information on post-adoption resources available in Minnesota.
The Post-Adoption Navigator program is FREE and available to any family who adopted a child from Minnesota foster care within the past 12 months. If your family does not meet this description and you are searching for information on post-adoption resources, we are here for you too! Contact us and we will do our best to assist you or connect you to another appropriate resource.
What services will my family receive?
- Phone and email-based support provided by an adoption-focused professional who will share information on post-adoption resources such as parent groups, child/teen support groups, training opportunities, adoption-focused camps and family activities, and more.
- We will provide you with a personalized resource guide highlighting an array of post-adoption resources and support available to you.
- We will follow-up with your family for up to12 months from the referral date to help address questions that may come up and assist in identifying appropriate post-adoption resources and services as needed.
How do I get connected to a Post-Adoption Navigator?
- Online: Complete the online contact form located on the MN ADOPT website under the HELP Program tab. You may also ask your adoption worker to complete the referral form for you.
- Phone or Email: Contact the Post-Adoption Navigator at (612) 746-5139 or at HELPnavigator@mnadopt.org to let us know you would like a Post-Adoption Navigator to follow up with you.
Printable Post-Adoption Navigator Program Handout:
*If you are searching for appropriate therapeutic options for you and your family and want to learn more about MN ADOPT’s network of vetted therapists, we encourage you to reach out to us for a FREE, phone-based intake with a HELP Program Specialist. You can learn more about HELP Program Specialist services by calling the HELP Intake Line at 612-746-5137 or visiting the HELP Specialist Overview page.