#20210121- WEBINAR: Closing the Gap: Anxiety in Foster and Adopted Children & Adolescents
(January 2021) Tense muscles, overeating, not sleeping, chipped teeth (!), and anger outbursts. When children and adolescents have big anxieties, there are myriad avenues through which their anxiety may manifest – and for us adults in their lives, it can all too often get our own anxieties hooked along with theirs.
In this workshop, we will explore:
– The neurobiology of anxiety
– How anxiety is uniquely felt and expressed in children & adolescents
– How anxiety is uniquely felt and expressed in those with attachment disruptions
– Helpful ways for children & adolescents to soothe their anxiety
– Helpful ways for adults to respond to children & adolescents who are experiencing anxiety
Adam Arnold, LMFT, LADC, is a licensed psychotherapist, and co-director of Enliven Psychotherapy. He truly enjoys developing relationships with children and teens! Adam works with individuals and families through a trauma lens, and is particularly passionate about working collaboratively to increase a feeling of safety in the body.
When not hanging out with cool kids and angsty teenagers, Adam practices yoga, watches scary movies, and listens to nerdy podcasts.
(1 hour, 50 minutes)