Zero Kids Waiting: All About Me!
The All About Me feature is part of our Zero Kids Waiting Program. This is an exciting feature because each month consists of four weekly features about a waiting youth in MN. Check back each week to find out something new and inquire!
May is All About Tatiana
Week 4: Something Special
Tatiana shares her artwork with us.
Week 3: Q&A
Tatiana, 16, answers a few questions for us!
- Three words that describe Tatiana: Silly, Caring and Energetic
- What do you love doing? Playing sports and playing with dolls (American Girl dolls, LOL dolls, and Barbies)
- What is your favorite food? Tatiana loves chocolate, McDonald’s and Culvers. She particularly enjoys Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Shamrock Shakes at McDonald’s.
- What would you like to do when you grow up? Tatiana would like to be in a helping role/position. For example, she mentioned wanting to help children and youth who have Downs Syndrome when she gets older.
- What cheers you up when you are feeling sad/mad? Tatiana’s dolls/toys cheer her up when she is feeling sad/mad.
Week 2: Get to Know Me
Week 1: Meet Me
Tatiana, 16, is a delightful teen, with a bubbly, energetic, and huge personality! She is very kind, helpful, outgoing, social, and playful. Tatiana can also be very funny and has a good sense of humor. She likes to tease those she knows well in a playful way and likes to make silly faces and gestures, in order to get a reaction or a laugh from others. Tatiana favorite free-time activity is playing with and caring for her prized American Girl dolls. Tatiana loves arts and crafts projects and drawing/writing on her chalkboard that she has on the wall of her bedroom. She also enjoys swimming, bowling, football, listening to music and dancing. Tatiana has recently expressed interest in basketball and make-up. Tatiana loves looking up new toys online and spending time with those she cares about.
While Tatiana can be very silly, she also has a serious and very sensitive side to her and will make very insightful statements about her past or about her dreams for the future, especially with regard to adoption. Tatiana is very enthusiastic about having what she refers to as a “forever family” and has been very engaged in discussions about adoption. Although she has stated that she would prefer to have a mom and a dad, she seems to have some flexibility in this area. She would be fine being the only child in the home or having younger or older siblings. As far as pets go, Tatiana is open to the idea as long as the pets are friendly. Tatiana thrives on structure and routine. An active family who goes on outings together and participates in various activities would be ideal for her.
Following adoption, Tatiana would need to maintain contact with her older brother and her older sister.
Only families living in Minnesota are being considered at this time.